How to: Add ACS Controller to Remotelock (Internal)
This article is about what Support's role will be in onboarding a Remotelock ACS. This cannot be done until the account has been added to Lynx first!
Keep in mind that if the Remotelock account came from us, then Belle would have already created the account for them. Check the user list or ping OF to get the details
Lynx Support can onboard ACS (Access Control System) controllers and devices on the RemoteLock platform. These systems consist of at least one electronic lock, keypad, and ACS controller device to connect the system. ACS systems are commercial-grade access control devices, often installed in hotels for common doors including lobbies, garages, elevators, or pools
This is the Lynx process for adding a Remote Lock to Lynx
- Get the account information from the User sheet
- Get the Serial Number from the client
- Add RL Account to the subscription
- Add the Remote Lock to Lynx
The client will send us the serial number and then we will set it up
NOTE: The client will send us the serial number and the ACS device must be online!
NOTE: Lynx DOES NOT provide ANY hardware installation assistance for RemoteLock! For
assistance with installation, please call RemoteLock directly at: 877-254-5625
Steps to add ACS controller to Remotelock:
Make sure to get the serial number of the ACS device
Log into the RemoteLock website at: https://lynx.remotelock.com
- We have one account to sign in with email@example.com, grab credentials from user sheet
- Click "Lynx Condo" in the dropdown menu in the top-right corner of the page
- This will open up a menu, use the mouse to hover over 'Switch Account'
- Switch the account to the one you are working on.
- The new page will load to the account you are working on
Add the controller device:
If this account has no devices on it, this is how it will look when you switch to this account:
- If you need to add a device to this account, and there is already a device added. You can click the 'Devices' tab at the top of the screen and then 'Register a device'
- Then click 'Mercury Security' to setup the ACS controller
- Enter the device name (property and lock), serial number, and location
- DO NOT select the "Elevator Controller" option
- Click "Create"
- A progress bar will fill in when the controller is physically installed, this will indicate success with a green check-mark
- If this takes more than 5 minutes, confirm that the internet is connected and contact RemoteLock support if needed.
Confirm door locks were added:
- Navigate to the "Devices" tab
- Verify that the lock name is available and online
You should now be able to add the lock to Lynx.
Ensure you have connected the Remotelock account to Lynx
Once the account is added in Lynx, you can then add the ACS to a property, so you can then test the ER code.