How to: Order Hardware
You can place an order for hub and lock directly from the Lynx app. This article will explain how to order the devices from Lynx.
Advantages of buying devices from Lynx
The major advantage of buying locks from us are:
- When you purchase combo (lock and hub), we preconfigure it so all you need to do is install them onsite. We also set up the hub for wifi when the wifi network information is provided during the placement of the order.
- If devices are purchased from us, we provide all the technical troubleshooting needed for these devices which most of the time does resolve the error quickly.
- Our support team provides all the replacement assistance for faulty locks under the warranty
Make sure you know the following information before you start placing the order:
1. Network information for the property if applicable.
2. The type of lock currently on the door.
3. Climate for the property (Beach or Non Beach).
The Process: (click on the orange text for links to other solution articles)
|Step 1:||Login to Lynx portal.|
|Step 2:||Press the shopping cart icon on the right top corner or click here for the Order form.|
|Step 3:||Click on the Start Order button to start the order process.|
|Step 4:||Follow the on-screen steps to share the required information.|
|Step 5:||You can also upload a spreadsheet if you are ordering for multiple Units.|
|Step 6:||If you haven't added the property to the Lynx portal yet, you will be asked to choose your PMS. Please choose the relevant option.|
|Step 7:||If you don't know the make and model number of the lock, you will be asked about the climate condition near the door and the kind of lock system you need. Please choose the relevant option.|
Select the desired finish and select any accessory needed.
|Step 8:||If you are planning to connect the hub to wifi, make sure to share the updated wifi information so that we can pair the hub with that information. By doing so, you will eliminate the step where you will need to connect the hub to wifi when it arrives.|
|Step 9:||Make sure to share the name of the key person or project name and their phone number on which Lynx or FedEx can contact that person. Anyone on your team will be able to collect the devices.|
Once the order is placed, you will get an confirmation over email.
Learn how to add a property in the Lynx portal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.