Skip to main content
To connect the Aeotec Range Extender to the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings app:
- Log in to the SmartThings app and select the correct location for the property (top left corner).
- Click on the devices tab at the bottom of the screen for that location.
- From the devices page, touch the plus button (+) icon (top right) to add a device.
- Click on the gray "Scan for nearby devices" button.
- Choose a Hub for the device if prompted, if not just let it search.
- While the Hub searches, make sure the extender is plugged in, and press the side button once on the side of the extender and release.
- The hub should then locate the device in SmartThings and add it to the property once found.
- After it confirms the device has been added, you can rename it if desired.