How to: Pair Zwave Thermostat with Samsung Hub
Why do you need to Unpair (exclude) and Pair (include) any Zwave thermostat:
- Excluding/ Unpairing resets any previous Zwave connections and prepares the Thermostat for a new connection to the Samsung Smartthings hub.
- Including/ Pairing will connect the thermostat to the hub.
How to Unpair/ Exclude using the Smarthings App:
- Locate the hub in the SmartThings menu and click on it
- Select the menu (3 dots) in the top right corner
- Z-wave utilities
- Z-wave exclusion
- Hold the down arrow on the Thermostat
- It will show the deletion message in the SmartThings app when complete
How to Pair/ Include using the Smarthings App:
This is where you need to consult your manufactures manual for your thermostat. The following directions are specific to the ADC T2000 (Alarm.com Z-Wave Thermostat)
T6 PRO Z-WAVE:
How to pair the Thermostat to SmartThings:
|Step 1:||Make sure the Thermostat is in OFF mode by pressing the Mode button|
|Step 2:||To put in inclusion mode: Add device (+)|
Do not add by using a device category or brand name, this will not work.
|Step 3:||Select "Scan nearby" in the bottom right - The hub will flash green (Inclusion mode)|
|Step 4:||While scanning, on the Thermostat press and hold the down arrow button to begin inclusion|
|Step 5:||The radio icon will appear on the thermostat and blink while pairing|
|Step 6:||When pairing is complete the icon will go solid, you will now see the device in SmartThings|
Request Lynx support to onboard the Z-Wave Thermostat to your Lynx account. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the nickname of the property, Samsung account username and location name.
Review Smart Rules you should setup for properties with thermostats.
Please sign in to leave a comment.