How to Set-up: Yale Locks with WiFi module
Before you begin you will need:
- Wi-Fi credentials of the property/unit (only supports 2.4GHZ)
- Yale Access app on Android or iPhone
- Yale Access account which will be provided by Lynx. Unless you already have a pre-existing August account, that will work as well. You don't want to make 2 accounts with the same phone number as that will delete the first account without any warning.
- Yale Lock with Wifi Module
- These Modules come in black and look identical to the new August modules or the ZW3 modules.
Current Wifi module Compatible Yale Model numbers include:
|Step 1: Physical installation of the lock
- Install the lock on the door using the manual in the box. But Do Not follow the Programming Instructions.
|Step 2: Install Doorsense
- It is optional but having DoorSense installed will allow you to know if the door is open or closed which is necessary for Auto-Lock.
- Install DoorSense using this guide. Skip Step 6 in that guide as you will be calibrating the lock when adding the lock on the app.
|Step 2: Set up the Lock programming code
- Create Programming code on the lock. Press the following sequence directly on the keypad of the lock. Gear>1>Gear>5 digit code of your choice>Gear>Gear
|Step 3: Log in to App
- Connect the phone to the same WiFi the lock will connect to.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on
- Open up the Yale Access app and log in. Username and password will be provided by Lynx. If you do not have it, contact Lynx support.
|Step 4: Initial lock set-up
- if this is your first lock on this account Click "Set up a new Device" on the main menu of the app. Otherwise click the 3 lines menu on the top right of the app and click "Set up a new Device"
- The app will ask you to scan a QR code, which is located on the module above the the battery compartment.
- Then Choose Assure lock
- Choose "Continue my device is installed" when prompted.
- Choose "Continue my module is installed" when prompted.
- Choose "Continue, Doorsense is installed" when prompted even if its not. Refer to Step 2 to install DoorSense.
|Step 5: Update Lock
|Step 4: Register Module
- Click start to register Lock
- Standing next to the lock click "Start Setup" it will then scan for the lock
- *Note* If you have more than one lock nearby it may ask you to verify the lock by providing the serial number. That will be the serial number on the module itself and not the lock.
- Create the house to match the property nickname on Lynx. You can also choose the lock name in the same manner.
- During setup, the lock may update firmware, click Continue. Lock may reset once or twice, that is normal.
- After the firmware update you will be prompted to remove 1 battery for 10 seconds and restart lock. (don't forget to kill residual power by pressing any button on the keypad after removing battery.)
- After lock resets, you will register the module. On the lock keypad enter Master code>Gear>7>Gear>Gear. Lock will give confirmation sound within a few seconds.
- Choose my module is registered on the app, and app will verify it was added correctly (it may fail, if so, just repeat process of registering the module and choose "Try Again"
- Next will be a prompt to calibrate the lock, click continue, then choose "don't use door sense" unless you are really using one.
- Lock Setup is complete.
|Step 5: WiFi Setup
- After lock is added you will now connect the WiFi Choose "Continue setup" for adding WiFi, if you choose "skip for now", lock will only work on the app under Bluetooth and will not connect to Lynx.
- Choose "Use Built in WiFi."
- Choose SSID that will be 2.4ghz
- Once the initial setup is complete, the app will test WiFi signal
- After adding the Lock and Wifi is completed, test 'unlock' from the app. Ensure the lock is installed correctly, there is no grinding.
|Step 6: Add to Lynx
|Step 7: Test from Lynx
||Follow instructions for Testing a NEW Lock