Troubleshooting: Lock Offline
When you receive a Maintenance Notification Email listing a lock as offline, here are some things that you can do to bring it back online.
When a lock is offline, both the Battery Level and Status indicators will be gray.
If the Battery Level is displayed and the Status indicator is green and says Online, but the lock widget is Unavailable, the lock may be jamming. Learn how to troubleshoot Unavailable Locks.
Also, Check what Different device status like Hub Offline and Lock Unavailable on the Lynx portal means: Different Device Status on Lynx Portal
What does lock offline mean?
When the hub and lock are unable to talk to each other CONSISTENTLY, Lynx will report the "Lock Offline" Status.
- There are no physical changes on the hub or lock indicating a problem.
- Hub will be online, will show a green light. If your hub is showing a blue light you should follow the troubleshooting steps for Hub Offline
From the Lynx Portal: Refresh the device status.
|Step 1:||Check the current status.|
|Click on the battery Level refresh icon.
This will display the most recent status of the lock. If the lock has not come back online, then you will need to go to the property to troubleshoot the device.
|Power-Cycle the Hub:||1. Unplug the hub from power for 30 seconds.
2. Plug the hub in.
3. Wait until the hub powers back on, and the status light is green.
|Power-Cycle the Lock:||1. Remove one battery
2. Press any button on the keypad to ensure the device is not powered on. It should not light up if so.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Replace the battery.
5. Allow a few minutes for the hub and lock to begin communicating.
6. In Lynx, refresh the battery Level refresh icon once more as shown below.
|Remove and refresh the Z-Wave module connection:||
This will not apply on a lock with an integrated z-wave chip (no removeable module).
1. Remove the batteries from the lock to disconnect power.
3. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Re-install the green Z-Wave module. (Must be done before putting the batteries back in or it may not register correctly.)
5. Put the batteries back in.
6. Refresh in Lynx and wait to see if there is an update in SmartThings and the Lynx portal.
Note: This can help if the lock isn't showing online, battery will not refresh or if the keypad isn't responding correctly.
|Review Physical Set-up:||
1. Ensure you have followed the Do's and Dont's of Hub Placement and Setup
6. Order a Repeater to boost the signal between hub and lock if none of these hub placement steps resolve the communication issue.
If the lock is still reporting offline, call Lynx support during business hours while you are
on-site for further troubleshooting assistance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.